8 Things to Know about Alicia Keys
Celebrities / 8 months ago
Anyone alive during the early 2000’s knows how incredible Alicia Keys is. Her songs are so beautifully written, I could recite them word for word almost two decades later (back up vocals included). That being said, it’s about damn time she gets to host the Grammys. For the unprepared, I’ve put together a list of things to know about our glorious host. Education is key.
1. Alicia’s full name is Alicia Augello Cook.
2. She began composing songs by the age of 12 and was signed to Columbia Records by age 15.
3. After switch labels, her first album, Songs in A Minor, came out in 2001.
4. Her single, “Fallin,’” was a Billboard Hot 100 number-one single.
5. She won five Grammy Awards for the album in 2002.
6. Alicia was the first female to have an MTV Unplugged album debut at No. 1.
7. She’s been highly acclaimed for her humanitarian work, philanthropy, and activism.
8. She is the co-founded of the non-profit Keep a Child Alive.